Radion Pro vs. ReefBreeders 32"

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by bhazard, Jan 23, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

I'll make note of it :)
    Edit: why not swap the BL multichip for some tightly packed XMLs?

2. Click Here!

3. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Thanks but just trying to make my own comparison. I am familiar with the Radion but not the Reef Breeders 32. The numbers given were what I would suspect given the factors about the fixtures tested.

The Reef Breeders unit has bang for the buck but I am looking for something to emulate MH for myself. Most companies lighting that I prefer are aware of that and are building fixtures with clusters of LEDs to blend the lighting better and replicate the point source lighting. This is not a concern for the masses, so for most of you it will not matter.

The Reef Breeders 32 seems to have some of the best overall bang for the buck (200w for <$500). The only question now is will it have the long term success of the others on the market. The Radions have already proven themselves. If the corals respond to the Reef Breeders 32 as well as they respond to the Radion, it will be around for years to come.

Spectrum is more about the perfect blend of light and over time, the corals will let us know if Reef Breeders 32 has that perfect combination.

4. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Don't worry Greg, we're working on a fixture for heavy sps reefers like you, and yes, it will use clusters, we are meeting with a programmer Sunday.

5. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I actually did have the Razor over the tank, but it had power supply issues. The 2nd Razor I received was DOA. I took that as a hint to stay away and purchased the Radion Pro instead. I'm sure it was just bad luck, and Coralvue is great to deal with.

The Razor did look nice though, but could have used a few reds. PAR would have been around 250-300 at the sandbed as well.

One of the best features of the Radion, is having the reds on during late night actinic blue. Clownfish and red coral radiate compared to just having blue on. It is very appealing.

6. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

I have a canopy on my 75 gallon. I'd like to keep it on top of the tank because I have a 10 month old who will only be looking up when by the tank. I don't want her to go blind. Will this RB light hood be able to go under my canopy? Silly question I know, but I can't and don't want to hang any lights over my tank. I have been looking into buying these RB lights.

7. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I am going to hang my in my canopy. my canopy is 24 inches tall though

8. Click Here!

9. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

If you have ample room, and find a way to attach them, they can work in a canopy just fine. You would probably want to remove the optics in the fixture if it is closer than 6" to the water line. It is very easy to do though.

10. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

But But.... Then it's not evil :(
    BL whites are pretty good too, and you get a LOT of penetration with it.

11. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

What is the easiest way to remove the optics?

12. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

its like 6 bolts to get the case apart. Then they just snap on and off.