Radion Now working And Ecotech CS is the BEST

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by sjnovakovich, May 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

the lights have to be plugged into power first i believe than connected to your computer. i think thats the right way or its opposite .???? if you don't do that properly the programming will not work on it and with mine i lost all.( the light went black and would not program) i called and they figured out what i did wrong in set up and i haven't had an issue since. and i have changed the programmed several times since that.
    i wonder if by chance you plugged it in ..in the wrong sequence as i did? Speaking of the replacement one. i find it really odd for 2 to be bad. thats why I'm wondering if this is your issue with the second light

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. sjnovakovich

sjnovakovich Bristle Worm

I spent some time on the phone with them last night. Tried GFCI interrupt outlets and non-GFCI outlets. Tried factory reset, etc. All no soap. They are pretty sure that I have two bad lights. One light does not even show a status light when plugged in.

4. sjnovakovich

Are you saying that if you do it in the wrong sequence it kills the light permanently?

5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

no not permanently, just till you plug it in and do the programming in the right sequence . when i called they handed me over to another person who went threw this with me and found this problem. that i caused. i find it odd that you have 2 bad lights

6. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Todd, we understand that you think that the tao lights are superior to everything else. You can now stop posting this in every thread.

1 person likes this.
  7. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Thanks Tom, I get it.

and FWIW- they certainly are not superior

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

+1 but i have NOT heard of any tao's not powering up. Thats really weird. Also I think Ecotech's software is pretty decent. Not perfect, but with the last update way better to deal with.

10. sjnovakovich

To get this thread back on track...

Yesterday, Ecotech sent me an entirely new fixture and power supply. They FedExed it overnight for Saturday delivery by noon. It must have cost an aweful lot of money to do this. The new fixture is up and running nicely. Thanks, Ecotech.

11. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Grats man! start off low. I started at 45% and am at 60% now. Really wierd you got 2 bad units!

12. pwsk

pwsk Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

for that much money u should be able to plug them in and they should work