Questions on Pods

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Jan 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

So how exactly do i raise pods in a fuge? im assuming that some pods will be on my LR or something, and i did have pods for a while, but if i'm to keep some in a fuge, what do i feed them and how do i take care of them?

2. Click Here!

3. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Basically all you have to do is buy LR(actual REAL live rock) and put it in your DT or fuge and they will start to multiply eventully. OR you can go and buy pods from an LFS and stock your fuge and let them colonize or whatever they do and start to multiply and just do what they do. I put my LR from my 29g into my 14g and they are multiplying rapidly, I have no fuge or sump.

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

well i mean im thinking bout getting a mandarin when everything gets established, but that'll probably be in a lot of months lol. dont need to feed them or anything?

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i hope your not talking about your 10 gallon :-X. copeopods feed off of detrius (poop) i assume adding a lil hermet crab should keep them satisfied.

6. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

There is no way in hell of you getting a manderin for your 10g...A manderin would take out the entire population in a few days..even with a fuge..They need atleast a 30g to survive in, but i still wouldnt even recommend that.

7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

I wasnt done... i also have another tank where i plan to start a culture. besides, im pretty sure i could train it to eat some frozen food or brine with the pods. worth a shot IMO

8. Click Here!

9. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Not in mine man, you dont seem to get the just of keeping these fish, ppl are telling you not to for a reason. you need to calm down on this hobby you post a new "idea" every 10 min. stick to a plan otherwise your gonna be in WAY over your head, just my 2 cents.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

well im prepared to do what i can to keep the fish successfully. i do not want to be criticized; i just wanna know how to take care of pods so maybe i might try to take care of this fish one day :-/

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

wow didnt even know they could grow to 4 inches lol but i have done some research on the fish itself

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Do some research on pod farms. Peredhill has a thread on here about his. Pretty much all you need to do is feed them phytoplankton. BTW, many mandarins never transfer to frozen food.