questions on a 35 gallon tank...........

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by Jorge97301, Oct 7, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jorge97301

Jorge97301 Plankton

Okay so i have a few questions..........

1) Snails- I recently (yesterday) did a pretty deep brake down of my tank to try to get rid of a snail problem, i tried chemicals and killing any of the little buggers by hand when i saw them, but they always come back! they did a real number on my plants some are barely hanging in there, i thought i got rid of all of them but just ten mins ago i saw one climbing on the glass, i was so upset! :angry: what can i do to get rid of them once and for all, I heard that a clown loach could help me out which leads me to my next question......

2) Stocking- currently i have 4 guppies, 4 neon tetras, 2 dwarf frogs, one young molly, one endler guppy, one neon sw
    ordtail, and two Chinese algae Eater, I'm in the process of giving away the two algae eaters they are very aggressive toward each other, my tank is very peaceful with the exception of those two fish, how many more fish if any do you think my tank can maintain? What kinds of fish would enhance the look of my tank? i'm looking for new fish to buy but so many choices, and Is my tank big enough to maintain a clown loach?

Thank you so much for your time sorry about such a long question and so many of them, THANKS AGAIN i look forward to all the feedback!!;D
    -Jorge

2. Click Here!

3. LouisLuvr12

LouisLuvr12 Astrea Snail

your tank should be if you get a small one

4. Jane Fury

Jane Fury Plankton

I think Clown Loaches are the funniest little fish (I have 2). I think you have plenty of space in your tank for a clown loach because they are a bottom dweller when all the fish you posted are mid to high range dwellers. He will get the bottom to himself and will be happy.

The Clown Loach is your easiest solution to the snail problem. They will eat just about anything at the bottom of the tank!!! I had a gnarley snail problem once. My clown fixed it right up!

Maybe you can look into the weather or dojo loach, too. I'm not sure if they're snail eaters, but these fish too have GREAT personalities they are also bottom dwellers.

5. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

I agree. Clown Loach will destroy the snail population.