Question for Concealed Carry guys

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Feb 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Just a side note, if you decide to help a person you need to do it competently and non-negligently. You can get all the consent and permission you want, but if you are negligent, it's on you. It's your choice whether you want to help somebody, but once you decide to do so, you better make sure you know what your doing. Consider that doctors get all sort of written consent and waivers, yet if they are negligent, they can still be sued.

I was also totally unaware that so many on this forum carry guns. I thought negatively about it until my friend told me a story. He attended a school in Philly and was walking home from the library late at night. He has a concealed weapons permit and was carrying that night. Some guy approached him and tried to rob and assault him. Well, he pulled out the gun and the guy took off, no need to even fire. Bad stuff does does happen.

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

The good Samaritan act comes to play . As for me helping LOL I'll dial 911 if my battery is charged no way in hell I would touch anyone to help them.

If I pull my gun it comes up firing I would never pull it to scare anyone , I pull it I shoot it thems the rules . I shot a guy once here in the states 4 tried to get tough looking for a fight me agians them :) Well the meanest one damn near died ! His buddy had a little lady pistole aimed in my direction I was setting in my car with my wife .. That GTX still had the fore fight dent in the top of the door trim till the day I sold it.. The blood washed off the outside of it :)

1 person likes this.
  4. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Yep the Good Samaritan Act comes into play. Pretty much, getting permission to aid means they can't really sue you. However, if someone is unconscious then permission is assumed, and then family members can still sue you if someone dies or whatever B.S. they try to pull. Asking permission prevents you (mostly) from being sued. The Good Samaritan Act, which is something along the lines of you acting with only good intentions in mind or something like that, protects you if you get sued. So you can be sued, but they sure ain't going to win the case. Personally, I'd rather waste the 5 seconds asking permission than have to sit through a court session and fiddle with all of that crap. Even though I know I'd 99% win the case if someone sued me for doing CPR on their grandpa and he still died, I have much better things to do with my time.

It's always a choice. You can choose to help someone, or not. Being certified in First Aid and CPR or carrying a concealed weapon does not obligate you to put yourself in harm's way for a total stranger. For example, rescue breathing (mouth to mouth for you ignorant people :p) without a protective barrier (pocket mask, face shield, etc) can present quite a risk of getting some sort of blood-born disease. Because the movies and heroic reinactments leave out quite a common thing with rescue breathing; the victim almost always throws up. If you don't have a face shield or pocket mask and the victim throws up with blood in the vomit, and you have a cut or something in your mouth, and they have a disease? You're in deep poo. So, I would probably choose to not help someone if they appeared to be a hobo drug addict. Because the first priority in those scenarios is the rescuer's safety. If the rescuer is not safe, you'll end up with two victims instead of just one.

5. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I liked my AR but never had enough firepower for me, I like to feel it when I squeeze a trigger and the AR is just gutless I dont like the 5.56mm round 7.62 NATO is more my style

6. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

on the extreme end, here in Canada it's totally illegal... there is such a permit but rarely issued.

7. bama

bama Humpback Whale

then how do you guys shoot all them mooses :xmas:

8. Click Here!

9. andru1313

andru1313 Purple Spiny Lobster

Thought i would post up on here. I carry I have a Walther PPS .40mm That is my Carry.. here is my Crossbread Holster and I just happen to be wearing shorts and a t shirt..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. bama

bama Humpback Whale

11. DanKistner

DanKistner Coral Banded Shrimp

Nice concealment with the shirt tucked in, very nice.

12. andru1313

andru1313 Purple Spiny Lobster

Crossbread holster is good stuff. they custom make them for your gun. It is very comfy and works with the shirt tucked in and untucked. When I carry to work I can wear dress pants and a button down and you still cant' see anything.