Question for Concealed Carry guys

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Feb 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. WuWu

WuWu Feather Star

I personally would carry a kimber sub compact like the kimber covert or an ultra Carry II though I know people that do the 9 mm thing or even a nice hammerless smith
    Sig anti snags are nice too though I'm not a fan of sig

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I have this. If I'm wearing clothes that won't support the weight of my glock (gym pants, some slacks, etc), I use this. It works great. (also conveniently holds another mag) Over a couple years the waist strap stretched out. But a little bit of sewing and good as new. I like it bc it carries my midsize glock and my tiny PF9 with equal ease.

I was going to post this link until I noticed you already have it

I am going to assume you're referring to shooting your member off. I hear that a lot. I also sometimes carry a front paddle which effectively is the same thing. Barrel of gun pointed at member.

The idea of it being risky is emotional, not rational, IMO. I've been to tactical classes where the instructor is sitting up there drilling how there is no such thing as accidental discharge, etc (just negligence). If you don't pull the trigger, the gun won't fire. I hold that to be true with any modern firearm.

The instructor made a similar comment when he noticed i was using a front paddle so i just repeated his own phrases back at him. ::)

It's no more risky than having it in your jacket (where it could conceivably hit vital organs) or on your side where it could strafe your leg. Guns don't just go off. The idea of placement somehow increasing risk of magical discharge is an odd line of thinking IMO.

And, just FYI, there is nothing stopping you from rotating that carry option to your side. I do sometimes depending on how I'm outfitted. It doesn't have to go up front.

I recommend thunderwear. It is P tested and approved ;)

Though I tend to call them "thunderpants" ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
  4. montecarloz38

montecarloz38 Fire Shrimp

Seen a video onces on you tube and guy had a very good point. If you going to get a carry permit, you have to carry every where. It is your duty to protect other un armed civilians; otherwise do not get a permit to carry.

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

yeah yeah... except a misfire means it did not fire... :p:p;D

6. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

i wonder how many have lost a special appendage to this.....;D

at any rate if you're going to be wearing non-jean shorts, and a very loosely fit shirt you're prolly not going anywhere you need a gun anyways. so leave it in the vehicle you came in.

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I think I like the thigh holster best :) It's alot easier to yank my shorts up and go, rather than reach into my shorts for a "gun". :lol: But heck, I have a year and 2 months to think about this stuff. So I'm ok.

Also, the reason for this thread is because my attire during probably 8 or so months out of the year is khaki cargo/regular shorts and a t-shirt. If I'm only carrying on the days I wear long pants or a jacket, that won't really do me much good.

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

It is my duty to protect myself and my family (and IMO, kids). It is my duty to be responsible with my weapon. It is my choice if I want to protect someone else. There is no obligation to put yourself in harm's way for another.

Not commenting on whether or not one should as it is situationally dependent, but it is not your duty or responsibility (at least in TX).

10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

for the first part, the answer is 0.

for the second part, that doesn't make any sense. your outfit has nothing to do with whether or not crime and violence comes down upon you.

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I agree. I'm certified in CPR and First Aid, as well as SCUBA Rescue, and it's always the rescuer's decision on if they want to help or not. And then with first aid and such, if you decide to help and the victim is concsious, you have to ask permission to help. Stupid legal crap because when you ask and they say yes, then a lawsuit is pretty much impossible if the victim still dies in your care.

So yes. Legal crap and personal safety should always be taken into account. If some hobo steals an old ladies purse, sure I'll try to chase him down. But if a young guy packing an uzi steals a purse, I highly doubt anyone will chase after him. Just an example, because I don't think guys who steal purses have uzis normally...:lol:

12. fischkid2

fischkid2 Dirty Filter Sock

shoulder harness is the best way to go and you wont accidentally shoot yourself if it goes off (used on in the army), easy access and wont get in the way. in terms of hip holsters (never used one).. but i would assume plenty of companies make belts with holster you could wear with anything and just drape your shirt over it. if your going to be showing a lot of skin you may just be out of luck if you want to actually safely conceal your side arm.