question about my squomosa

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Mkizla, Jul 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

well just a question regarding my squomosa clam. I look at other clam pictures like Crocea's and Maximas, and their mantle is out like an umbrella. Mean while my Squomosa does not have an umbrella looking mantle out like the other clams, but its still kinda opend?

Front view with harmit crab attached on the right side
    [​IMG]

On the side of the tank
    [​IMG]

I look at other sqomosa clams, and their mantle isnt out like how crocea's and maximas are.
    Also it's the same way for the Derasa like how squomosa's are their mantle is also not out alot like crocea's or maxima's.

Could it be the reason why they are lower light demanding clam then crocea's and maxima's?

2. Click Here!

3. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

I have a squasy and maximas. MY Squasy's mantle doesnt come out like the maximas do. I don't know if thats why they are not a light demanding clam, but I do know that you have a very awesome looking squasy, great pattern on him.

4. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

;p thanks. This one is 5 inch. Do you think his fully opened? and does your squomosa's mantle come out just like how mine is? or is it a bit more wider?

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That looks about right for being open and mantle extension.

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

It looks good to me! Every clam is different with regards to the mantle.