Question about my Spectrapure RODI

Discussion in 'SpectraPure' started by Aaron.Herk, Mar 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

I just got a new Spectrapure unit. I am trying to get my waste to product ratio greater than or equal to 4. So I measure it and got 2. So I looked in the chart provided and found my product rate. I then cut the recommended amount of my flow restrictor (in my case 2 in). However after doing this the ratio is still 2?

2. Click Here!

3. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I kept cutting mine one inch at a time till I reached my 4to1 ratio,also make sure when cutting the capillary tube that it's not pinched or crimped,I bit down on mine to keep it opened after each cut as the end seems to collapse when I cut with sidecuts.

4. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

Thanks, I used a one sided razor as it says, I think I may have figured it out reading. It says cut to a total length of 2 in and I only cut off 2 in. I will cut some more off.

5. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Yeah,i must have missed the razor part,lol.But the instructions confused me a bit too as I was scared to cut as much off as it said,I didn't want to cut it to short on the first try.

I always did HVAC for a living and cap tubes are often used on refrigeration equipment,and knowing the diameter and length were sooo critical for proper operation,so...let's say it made me very uncomfortable cutting on my new ro/di,but I did end up with my 4/1 ratio at about the exact length (i forget how long it was now) that the instructions stated.

6. wallstdrifter

wallstdrifter Flamingo Tongue

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

MOving this to their board so SP can chime in.

8. Click Here!

9. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

It has been solved.