Question about bulbs.

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Zoanthids21, Feb 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Im not sure if my biocube bulbs are needing replacement or not..But the tank looks pretty dull, not that much color is getting shown out..Its PC's, but my 14g biocube is pretty bright still..I have a actinic and a 50/50 in the 14g. And a 10k and a actinic in the 29g..

I am wanting to replace the 10k with a 50/50..Is that enough lighting? it worked well with the corals while they were in the 14g, but im not sure if that would be different in the 29g biocube.

2. Click Here!

3. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

If you are noticing a difference the answer is yes, time to change the bulbs. Generally the bulbs should be replaced between 9-12 months as the light spectrum degenerates and becomes more towards the yellow side of things. If you can notice a difference its generally well over due.

4. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

I actually change out my PC's after 7 months. I do not like them to get to the point of visible difference - by then the corals have already been feeling it for some time . . .

5. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

ITs probably time to change, im guessing the guy before me had them for about 6 months or a little less, i have had the ank for about a month now.