Quarantine Coral

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by jack102367, May 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jack102367

jack102367 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I've been reading a lot about QT, and quarantining your fish. This is all great reading and should be done to minimize diseases getting to your display tank. I learned the hard way how important it truly is.

My question is how do you quarantine coral and invertebrates to make sure they don't have ich? Ich won't show up on them but could be on the shells of snails, or in the rock that corals are on or in the water they were in. If you put them in a QT you can't treat the QT with copper or do hyposalinity, so how do you keep things like ich out of your display tank when you purchase corals and invertebrates?

2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Unless you get the copper free solution thats good for inverts, that and hypo will kill the corals. its best you dip them and then add them to a grow out tank or on a frag station in a separate tank.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

+1 Reefbruh, also the amount of ich tends to be very low and if there are minimal stressors in the tank the fish will not have any problems with Ich.