Put these in but not those

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Mudbeaver, Nov 2, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mudbeaver

Mudbeaver Coral Banded Shrimp

[​IMG]

Ok guys , this is my 75 G starfire display refugium.Shortly it'll be operational. Now i've got a mini fuge going right now to seed my big system which will be a 150 G starfire glass Reef tank fed by a 75g starfire glass display refugium. My dilema i face is that while knowing what kind of macro algae i'm going to put in there; all different species , and make a collection of these, i have a problem deciding about the cleaning crew. In my small fuge i discover that my turban snails ravaged one of my red macro algae, the name ; (Laurencia Portei ).Now , the problem is to choose a cleaning crew that don't go after my macro's while leaving the nasty algae alone. So if you have any suggestions about what you've put in or what not to put in, your refugiums, that would be helpfull thank you.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You might consider Stomatella if you can get them. Perhaps some Fromia starfish types once you get a nice amount of film algae growing. Limpets and chitons the smaller varieties. Tiger Tail Cucumbers had always been excellent sand stirrers for me and benign as far as Cucumbers go. Personally I like Astraea and Certh snails.

It is an dilemma though trying to find inverts that will not dine on some of the nicer macro algae.