Purple mushroom looks bad!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryland, Nov 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

I am no expert so anything is possible. Will keep you posted as I monitor the situation.

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Okay people....I have a total of 4 mushrooms in this tank. 3 of which are on the same rock. Those 3 are looking real bad. Its not just the 1 anymore. The 4th shroom on a completely different rock is doing great! Tank parameters as of this evening
    PH 8.2
    Amonia 0
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 5 PPM

4. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

What about flow, man? Not sure if I mentioned but shrooms like slow flow. If they look bleached though, something is out of whack. Did you check your alkalinity yet? I know this may not be a test kit you had thought of investing in yet, but when my shrooms were very sad, it was an alkalinity issue, triggered by a magnesium overdose.

By the way... any pictures? Even phone pics would do if nothing better. At least something to look at the surroundings of the shroom.

- Mag.

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

agrred with the pic. try taking your water into your lfs and get a complete water test. trace elments and all.

6. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

thanks again everyone for your input. I thought for sure I was going to lose a mushroom yesterday. However today everything appears to be ok. All of the mushrooms are spread out, colorful, and appear to be very happy. I am cautious but I think everything is ok! I did a water change with RODI water (for the first time ever) and they seemed to come out of it the next day. bought the water for 37 cents a gallon. Looking for a good RODI unit for sale....used too!