Purple Monti today

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by adam, Mar 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

The monti looks the same as when I put the glue on it. I think it would have looked better just leaving the slime on the area that was cut but maybe it would have got worse. I don't think I have any nudis. I think I would have noticed something on the coral when I first got it but I don't know why it developed a white part that was soft when I removed it.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I hope you're right about not having the nudibranchs. It can be very difficult to see these pests and their eggs, especially if you don't know what you're looking for. Have you given it a good once over with a magnifying glass?

4. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I don't have one I can always get one but I was told I would have known when I first got the coral if I had that. I just dont know how long it will take the coral to grow over the glue. If it gets worse than I will get one and take it out of the tank and look carefully at it.

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Not really. It took us weeks to spot them on our montis. The newly hatched nudis are tiny and even the adults are hard to spot without a magnifying glass.