purple firefish

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Guest, Dec 24, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

is the purple firefish a good fish to start with becuase i really like this fish and i know it needs to be kept with peaceful tankmates and would anybody reccomend this fish to a begginer

thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I think that is a very good choice. They can be really shy and it is better to start with these fish than add them later when there are already other fish in the tank.

How big is your tank? If it is 55 or larger you could probably put more than one over time.

They are also good for a beginner because they are known to be easy feeders.

Like you said, don't mix with aggresive fish. A royal gramma would be as far as I would go. No damsels, unless you have a big tank.

Having a lot of rock is good so it has hiding places.

Great looking fish:

[​IMG]

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i wouldnt push it with a royal gramma i had a strawberry one and he harassed my firefish. go with a single or a pair no more than that. the next amount up would be 6. with firefish they are very peaceful but have been known to kill off each other when 3-5 are added to the tank and you end up with a pair anyway. great beginner fish hardy, good eaters, have a type of immunity to ick