purewaterclub.com RO/DI for $89 - $99 anyone have any input...

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by jas3600, Apr 1, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jas3600

jas3600 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have been doing some research on RO/DI filters.

I saw this KMD eCommerce Corp. PureWaterClub.com

check it out and give me some feedback.

Has anyone here at 3reef have any experience with these PureWaterClub RO/DI Units???

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

This is the one I have from them,
    KMD eCommerce Crop.

bought thru their ebay store. I'm not really sure it could pump out 100gdp, but I do mine one bucket at a time. Not to bad for the price and the customer service is pretty good. I have had to order replacement filters and it's been up a little over a year now. :) oh and unless they've changed it, their instructions suck on how to install, so I made it work....

4. tinnghe

tinnghe Purple Spiny Lobster

i have the exact one that you are looking at, the one thing that i really wished that i did was to have a bigger chamber for for the di resiin, giving it has 6 stages of the one that matter the most are the di units, i have mine for around a yr, i gone through 2 set of them, btw 2 x di resin = 1 big 10" housing unit. thats what i figure so far, but i believe that thefilterguy.biz have some really good one. try them too

5. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

6. Airborneguy

Airborneguy Flamingo Tongue

If no one minds, I'd like to throw a question in:

Are there any RO/DI units which do not have to be permanently mounted? I am looking to get one, but cannot permanently mount it yet. I need something I can hook up to the sink for when I need it, but then put away when I don't.

1 person likes this.
  7. glblguy

glblguy Spaghetti Worm

I have one from them and have been very happy with it for the money. It does exactly what I need it to do. I agree, the instructions are a little shaky, but these things are hard to install.

I highly recommend them for the price.

8. Click Here!

9. jas3600

Airborneguy

They have them at the site I posted it. Totally portable!

So, Cuttingras do you give it a go? I was thinking of upgrading to the package with the tank to have drinking water. Therefore, I would be using it on almost a daily basis.

could I swap out to 1 10 inch Di??? Wonder if this co. offers that upgrade...
    I'll contact them...

10. jas3600

I checked with PUREWATERCLUB they told me that they did not offer a large 10 Di segment for their units.

I asked them if I could customize and add a single chamber. Still waiting on a reply.

I am sure their double chamber will suffice thought right???

11. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

jas...get the tank! I didn't and wish I did. I've had mine for almost two years(bout 18 mos) I guess and yeah it's really good I like it anyway....it's just for my tank.

12. jas3600

cuttingras,

I was thinking of getting the tank, I was reading that a more active RO unit doesn't need flushed! Simply because the water doesn't have time to stagnate and get old within the unit.

Having the tank my wife and I along with the FISH, DOG, and Cat we will all be drinking clean water every day.

How long did your filters last cuttingras?