Pulsing Xenia Dying?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by cannedmulder, Sep 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

My xenia was looking great last night and did my weekly water change like normal. Nitrates last night before water change was 20, SG 1.026, everything else normal. [​IMG]
    I have my husband testing all right now but I do know my sg is up at 1.028 with hydrometer not refractometer and I am adding ro water. I didn't look at it this am but I cam home from lunch and they loked like this. That is around 1:15
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I just got home at 6:15 and now it looks like this! Plus my water is very foggy.

[​IMG]

Help
    Heres tests:
    Calcium: 380...normal for my tank
    Nitrate: 30
    Ph 8.4
    Nitrites: 0
    Ammonia: 0

2. Click Here!

3. Lucky13dt

Lucky13dt Spaghetti Worm

Just a guess, but sounds like to much salt...

4. cannedmulder

Will it bounce back if I get my SG back down?

5. botie

botie Feather Duster

my pulsating exenia did the same thing it never came back got a piece from a freind of mine and that looks great and is growin out of control how old is the setup

6. cannedmulder

3 months but that is the one that went crazy really fast and my guru said it looked so happy! I think I jinxed myself by saying how easy the xenia was.

7. cannedmulder

I retested and I don't think it was that high. I don't even have 1/2 gal added to it and the SG is 1.026.

8. Click Here!

9. Lucky13dt

Lucky13dt Spaghetti Worm

How is the water flow in the tank?

10. cannedmulder

That hasn't changed! I have #2 and #3 Korilina PH and the 4 flow heads from the sump return.

If it does die do I have to worry about anything else in my tank?

11. botie

botie Feather Duster

well i talked to a friend of mine that has been in salt water tanks for 20 years and he has set alot up for poeple and he said its seems exenia like tanks that are set up for awile and are well esablished

12. cannedmulder

Now it looks awful and I think it is a goner. As I was posting this and trying to find answers I had RO water going in the sump. My husband found a kink in the line earlier and fixed it so I wasn't used to it going so fast. I started to hear some crackin and poppin noises, I ignored them thinking it was my daughter in the tub. They got louder. Ran to my tank and sparks are flying out of the stand. I have a extra drain tube that should hook up to another tank but I don't have it hooked up so it is just open. Water was coming out of that hole and onto my power strip. I got really lucky on that one. My husband is an electrician and checked everything for me. After running to Wal-mart and getting a new power supply he says it is all good! Boy that was scarier than my xenia! Phew!!:wreck::wreck::wreck::inquisiti:stars::wreck::wreck::wreck: