Pukani Live Rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by SkyFire, Feb 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

I was planning on getting it from BRS, which means I would have to wait a while. But I found that blue zoo aquatics also has some.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

4. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

I can see if the store has the dry rock and if they'll ship it. The store is in Roseville CA.

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Another thought...if the pukani is aquacultured and in a different area than the Fiji rock then you'll have even more diversity of microbes and such (different strains) that may do better in your particular tank. Just a thought.....

6. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Got my rock and the store will ship it. I got mostly Pukani and a smallish piece of Fiji LR.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Is it dry? Wet? May I ask how much as we live close to each other? How many lbs?

8. Click Here!

9. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Cured (wet) LR $3/lb and if you get sm pieces (under 5 inches sq) is $2/ lb. I think they had dry too, forgot to ask, but can make a call. Very nice ppl there.

I bought a total of 7.25 lbs. for my 10 gal. posted pics in the tank pictures forum.

Don't know if I should duplicate the pics here and take up disk space on the server. So am erring on the side of caution/courtesy/whatever.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for the info. That is a good price. I will look into this more and check out your pics.