Puffer acting weird?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by elweshomayor, Jun 3, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

Hi guys, Sorry for the double thread. This one is unrelated (maybe) to my other thread so I figured it was ok to make a separate one.

So I bought my new LED lights and they look great in the tank, however, my puffer has been acting weird since yesterday that I put them up.

He is been more active, but at the same time he swims across the tank and then he sort of "chases his tail". Kinda like a Dog would...

This is strange behavior to me. He eats fine, I gave him a couple of cubes and he ate them like he always does, but this behavior is new and quite strange. Could the lights be too strong? or maybe they were too sudden so its a bit blinding? kinda like when you stare at the sun for a second?

I also have many fake plants that I bought from the LFS so my tank woulndt look so bare.. Theyre the flourecent type so they shine under the LEDs quite nicely. Maybe this is distracting him?

2. Click Here!

3. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

hmm.. must be nothing then I suppose

4. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Whats your water parameters?

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

A puffer will react to unstable parameters. Normally my dog face puffer was unhappy when his tail was tucked.