PSK 75H Surging Pulsating help!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by tuneneboricua, May 7, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tuneneboricua

tuneneboricua Plankton

Hello readers, several emails later with Eshopps ( which by the way hasn't responded after several weeks ) and a lot of reading i came up with a solution to my issue with the psk75h.
    first thing i did was replace the impeller, that helped a bit but still was surging a whole lot and would stop all the way after a while.

Finally before giving up and returning it, i ran ste skimmer in a 5gal bucket with a quart of Muriatic acid (found at any menards! $3 ill atach a picture) for about an hour. To my surprise this worked! but even after it seemed like the pump was getting too much air, so i installed an air valve with a controlling knob to the air intake, and VOILA ALL FIXED! now it skims like never before and has been going strong for about a week!. Hope i can save someone the headache i went through lol.

quick tip, after installing the air valve and closing it all the way, fill the skimmer body with water. Then plug it in, after you hear that the pump is free of air start opening the valve slowly in 10 minute increments little by little. until the valve is open all the way.

Thank you Marchall for all your help!

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Well I'm very glad to hear you got it working again! Interesting you had to go to such lengths to get it working. I have an older model, with an Atman pump IIRC, so I don't know if that is the difference between ours. Nice work either way!

4. tuneneboricua

tuneneboricua Plankton

Thanks

5. tuneneboricua

tuneneboricua Plankton

I think ill still return it if allowed, it skims well but nowhere near as a $150 skimmer should, would i be better of with a reefoctopus hob or a corallife skimmer, thanks again