PSK 75H Surging Pulsating help!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by tuneneboricua, May 7, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tuneneboricua

tuneneboricua Plankton

Hello all, im new to the forum, been in the hobby for 5 years. so about 2 months ago i purchased a psk75h skimmer, from day 1 i couldn't get the thing to start up right. so i contacted Eshopps and after many emails and phone calls, they sent me a new impeller, after i installed it i noticed the skimmer worked fine for about a day before it started surging/pulsating again. its frustrating! please someone shine some light and show me what im doing wrong. Please help!:-/:-/

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Try blowing or sucking into the airline. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is your water height is too low.

4. tuneneboricua

tuneneboricua Plankton

Hi and thanks for the reply, ive tried blowing a couple different ways to no avail, but sucking ? Do i suck until water gets in the airline ? o_O

5. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Yes. For some reason this has helped me in the past when mine was surging. I have been running one for two years now, and only had surging issues twice IIRC.

6. tuneneboricua

tuneneboricua Plankton

Ok i will give this a try when i get home, thank you, ill post an update

7. tuneneboricua

tuneneboricua Plankton

Hi, i tried the sucking on the air hose quite a few times with no success, i feel i must be doing something wrong because at times it works as it should, like maybe %10 of the time, are these sicce Pumps known to fail so prematurely? I was told they were the best :-\

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I guess I would tell you to contact Eshopps again. As long as your water level is in the correct range, it should work fine. The Sicce pumps are supposed to be reliable pumps.

10. tuneneboricua

tuneneboricua Plankton

Ok thats what i thought, eshopps wont reply anymore and i wont beg them for help, as long as they get their money right? .. thank you for your help i will keep reading as i seen im not the only one having issues with the psk75,
    Happy reefing!

11. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

The only other thing you can try is to hold the airline shut. The water level should rise to the neck or even above. If it doesn't, add water directly to the skimmer. If that still doesn't work, then I am out of suggestions!

They do have a forum here and are a sponsor. I would suggest posting your issues on their forum if you can't figure it out.

12. tuneneboricua

tuneneboricua Plankton

Didnt realize eshopps had a lil corner here, i will try adding water while holding the airline, thank u for ur help!