PSK-75 Pump issue

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by K3rack, Oct 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

right....by the way, after my LFS attempted to correct the problem, the motor after 1 day just died, in my opinion not to any fault of his, as to the motor was on it's way out either way. He imply tried to delay the inevitable.

2. Click Here!

3. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

can you confirm is this a PSK-75 or PSK-75H? can you email us a picture of your pump and your impeller to [email protected] or you can send it to me here at 3Reef. we will try to get you get fix up right away.

4. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

5. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I've also sent an email to Sandy with the location of the shop I bought it from, I'm the only one that's bought this model there in months and the only guy that's got one with a motor problem so if you contact them they will have all my information you would require.

6. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

can you make sure to send the pictures to Sandy as we can't see the pictures here.

7. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I did, I don't know what happened as I could see the pics last night when I posted them but I cant see them today. Anyways, I got a reply from sandy and she requested me send her a photo copy of my receipt.

As for my receipt I"ll have to have PurelyH2o reprint it as I cant find the thing anywhere, I was so exited about having the skimmer I didn't think to file the paperwork away and now it's lost. This all feels like it's becoming a drawn out lost cause with the amount of time my tank is not properly skimming. From here out I'll have to be sure to have a back up skimmer on hand.

Being the store is closed till Monday now, I'll have to get the receipt to Sandy then. I really thought you guys would contact the store yourselves but it seems I'll have to take care of it myself. On to week three.......

8. Click Here!

9. BayTib13

BayTib13 Plankton

I also bought a psk100-h a couple months ago, But only hooked it up yesterday due to space issues. I set it up and it was running good, making good skimmate. However it was making a horrible noise. I looked up similar issues and people said it went away after the breakin period. Well, mine went away about 3am this morning when I woke up to a snap noise and it went silent. Didn't pump any water or produce air bubbles. So after I got off work today I took the pump off and opened it. The impeller fell out in two pieces as well as a broken nylon washer. I looked up and found that gorilla glue super glue is safe for aquariums, so I glued the impeller back together and attempted to run it. I made sure the motor would still spin it out of water and it did, so then I set it up and tried to create a siphon to no avail. The motor will not turn the impeller with water on it, and the couple times I got it to it is spastic and will not pull a good enough siphon to even finish filling the skimmer body, and creates very few bubbles, and only micro bubbles at that.

I emailed this info to the eshopps sales email, but I believe the problem I will run into is that since I bought it awhile back and just now hooked it up, I didn't know that the warantee paper had to be mailed 2 weeks after purchase, and I can no longer find my receipt...

10. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Well, ESHOPPS, I received my impeller today, I have to say that I was probably the most skeptical person you could have met when it arrived, even after the motor completely quit running, I thought the whole thing would have to be replaced. I put the new part in place, added water, and plugged it in expecting to hear what I've heard for the last few weeks(nothing), but the quiet hum of the skimmer immediately started up just like new. I think next time I'll contact you guys directly, (crosses fingers there wont be a next time) but I understand that things DO break, and I appreciate you guys, and girls, being as prompt as you could be. Thank You

1 person likes this.
  11. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

55gfowlr I got the psk-75h for a 27gl I set up a couple months ago and let me tell you it produces skimmate like crazy once it is broken in. You may get micro bubbles during breakin but the thing is running great and I could not be happier with it.

12. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

hey you have this problem taken care of yet? send sandy a email and she will try her best to help you. mention about your problem.