PSK-75 Pump issue

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by K3rack, Oct 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

Interesting, both impellers I had (one being brand new) were violently shaking and I put it back together about 60 times trying to see if it was operator error. I guess 61 was the ticket? :)

Thanks, I will just wait until you guys are done.

2. Click Here!

3. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

it's the rubber inside that's not properly sit right at a perfect angle. that's why even if you put 100 time, the problem will be there until you position it properly. Doesn't matter if is brand new or old. hope that make sense.

4. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

The pictures proved that. Thanks for your help!!

5. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

yes the picture was taken right when we took the impeller off. Glad everything cleared for you.

6. jacky v

jacky v Plankton

Eshopps Pumps

I purchased a psk-200 and had the same problem. I returned it to my local pet store and he ordered me another skimmer. Well, i cant make this stuff up....The mesh impeller broke within 2 hours. WOW! Thats 2 bad psk-200 skimmers i bought! Now i got to get the nerve to bring this back for the 3rd time. My pet store is going to think im crazy or breaking this on purpose! Terrible cheap pump or cheap impellers! DOES ANYONE RECOMMEND A REPLACEMENT PUMP THAT WILL WORK WITH THIS SKIMMER?

7. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

how long have your skimmer been running for?

8. Click Here!

9. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I've had my psk75h for about a month now....it's been working great, but all of a sudden it's making this loud vibrating noise from the pump area. I plug the air intake and it goes away, but comes right back upon releasing. It's running water just fine but this noise is killing my drums...lol any suggestions?

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Take it apart and clean it in vinegar. Works for me all the time.

11. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Is there any certain way the impeller needs to go in, it seems pretty simple to me, but after reading the posts above I got the idea I might have been doing something wrong....

12. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Update.....cleaned it thoroughly in vinegar, didn't work....

tried more times than I can count to ensure the rubber gaskets were in the correct positioning,

I mailed E-Shoppes and finally after 5 days and 3 e-mails later they told me they would send me a replacement impeller so long as I photo copied my receipt and name.

being as I just bought the skimmer, I took it to the "PurelyH2o" shop I live locally to, and he tried everything he could think of to silence the annoying sound, and pronounced that the motor needed to be replaced,

this was 4 days ago and still E-Shoppes have not given them an answer as to when they will be sending the new motor.

I love the skimmer I bought but if this is the type of response that I get from customer service, then hearing from my own LFS that it is common for this supplier to take "WEEKS" to respond, I'm either taking "ALL" my business elsewhere, or they can refund me the cost and I'll gladly return the Item.

So far I'm almost 2 weeks W/O any type of skimming filter device and I'm getting worried about the health of the tank.