PSK-75 Pump issue

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by K3rack, Oct 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

I contacted Kent a couple weeks back about my PSK75 not foaming up and the impeller vibrating. He went ahead and sent me a new impeller but I think the pump is actually the issue and not that piece. He hasn't responded and it's been a week now and I really need to start skimming asap. Can this message be passed to him?

Email: [email protected]

2. Click Here!

3. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

Hi Chris,

FYI, keep in mind a lot of time when the skimmer is not foaming up is not the skimmer itself or the pump. Usually when this happen, there are many things to should look at. here's a link you should check out to see if this help.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/eshopps-inc/psk-200-not-foaming-up-any-advice-96219.html

4. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

that is correct but the pump itself is not functioning correctly. the impeller doesn't spin smoothly it bounces around thus making it not push water through as its supposed too. kent sent me a new impeller but there is no change in its functionality. can I get a replacement?

thanks!

5. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

K3rack, try taking it apart and check to see if the rubber pieces that go on each end of the ceramic shaft (the skinny stick in the center of the impeller assembly) are installed properly. Sounds like you could be missing one of these 2. There will also be nylon washers and it all goes in the shaft this way:

Rubber cap --> Nylon washer --> Propeller <-- Nylon Washer <-- Rubber cap

I hope that helps.

6. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

Thanks, I did check those. I even replaced with the new impeller and it still shakes around the cylinder. It's almost like the magnet which drives the impeller is broken because it won't stay still and turn smoothly.

Edit: I replaced the impeller with the rubber ends as well. Sorry.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  7. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

Can you go ahead and send the pump back for us to get it replace. we would like to inspect your pump to see exactly what happened.

send it back to return department at: make sure you put your RMA # 1220 so we know what the packaging is about, thanks. once we receive your pump, we will replacement it for you immediately.

Eshopps, Inc.
    Attn: Return Department
    168 Mason Way Unit B-2
    City of Industry CA 91746

8. Click Here!

9. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

Sounds good I will get that out to you guys asap!

10. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

Thanks, and we will let you know what happened to the pump once we receive it.

11. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

Have you guys had a chance to look at it? It looks like it arrived on Friday.

12. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

yes, we received and been testing your pump on a skimmer for you. your pump is not down or anything. just like MAGNUS said above, what happened is when you put the shaft back. the rubber inside the pump is pushed sideway. this result from your impeller not spinning properly at all. this is why your experience this problem. we took some pictures and emailed you. if you look closely. you will know what we talking about. currently your pump is being running. we plan to run one more day until tomorrow to make sure everything goes perfect. after that we will send it back to you. we replaced a new impeller for you as well.