PSK-75 cup overflowing randomly

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by SirReefsAlot, Sep 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SirReefsAlot

SirReefsAlot Plankton

I'm still having issues with this skimmer overflowing. I have been cleaning it regularly and keep the venturi clean of mineral/calcium buildup. The water level is always the same and I do not add any supplements. I cleaned it about 5 days ago. Last night there was about 1/2" of skim in the cup. I came in today and the cup was full of water and overflowing! Every bit of polution just dumps into the tank. Not good. Does anyone else have a similar issue with this skimmer? I'm frustrated and thinking of trying something else.

2. Click Here!

3. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

What type of food are you using and is the skimmer on when you are feeding? I have the same skimmer and I found that when I feed oyster feast or freeze dried cyclopeeze it will blow it up. Turning the skimmer during and about an hour after feeding will mitigate it happening.

Also at what point does your top off water get added before or after the skimmer? I have found adding into that section of the sump can sometimes contribute.