Psk-300

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by alpha_03, Mar 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

Oh, and why would you want to downgrade to the cone skimmer? it uses the same pump, but only 1..... so your not changing much? your going to be stuck with the same pump that you keep trying to get away from.

just curious as to why you would downgrade?

2. Click Here!

3. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

I did so in my email to Kent way back in November- but I didnt feel right about posting bad info here-in until now. My God - over 5 mos and still nothing- come on!

Think about it.

Oh and BTW, there were no bushings in the brand new pump hence the problems- as I told Kent.

4. alpha_03

Again you are totally incorrect- it uses an aquabee pump, but now uses something different- so eshopps tells me. (as per Louie) Louie states the S-200 blows the doors off the PSK-300, as per my phone conversation with him.

5. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

good questin... a skimmer introduces bubbles for proteins in the water column to attach to. the bubbles draw them up, and then they attach to them selves and are pushed up the neck of the cup into the cup.

if a skimmer is rated too high, or the bio isnt high enough, then you will never get enough protein for them to attach to themselves and be expelled up the neck.. you just have a fizzle tower. thats why you get a small skimmer with a small neck and the proteins will then have enough surface tension to be expelled up the cup.

and the skimmer that didnt work in the 120, is in my 240 and rocking. I have 0 phosphates, and 0 nitrates and my SPS have amazing growth. if you were local, i would invite you into my house to check out my setup. (im not shy, and anyone is welcome, just check out my local club)
    i get a gal of skimmate every week if i clean the neck of my skimmer during the week. if not, then i only get 2/3 a cup of skimmate...

6. alpha_03

By way of example:

1 month old Coralife 220G the impeller shaft broke, after one phone call to Coralife, I had not only an impeller shaft but a brand new replacement pump. Which worked really well, but was too small.

That is customer service my friend.

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

The bias my friend doesn't come from my friendship with Louie. The foul taste I get in my mouth when I read your bashing of a good man is all I get from that.
    The bias for the company comes from here
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/eshopps-inc/psk-100-action-94500.html#post962333

8. Click Here!

9. alpha_03

I will answer this first - from the black quote, then the red:

The protiens attach to the bubbles, so "if any" they will get skimmed, once you purge these then there are no more left to skim- it would appear you call this over skimming. (yes that is a question) If this is you meaning then I and many Becket style skimmer companies dissagree with you.

Not true, what is in the water is in the water- this is load dependent simply due to the amount of protien in the water due type or aquaria- size of the tank means nothing.

10. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

we really tried to helped you the best we can but all i can say is you're a very unique hobbyists. if you're not happy with your purchase, bring it back to where you get it from and ask for a refund of your $239 purchase back for the PSK-300. We here at Eshopps try to do the very best we can but we also realize it's very hard to keep everyone happy. as for you, good luck to your project and hobby.

11. alpha_03

reefmonkey do you even know what pumps eshopps has been using and why all the trouble they have been having?

I do.

I understand this, but as I stated- a warranty is a warranty- it should be honored, with no BS run arround.

Period.

12. alpha_03

And you eshopps already know the aquatic store I bought this skimmer from is out of business, therefore, it is incumbent upon you, the manufacture, to honor your warranty. Which from day one of my ownership of said product, you have been aware of the troubles that are being openly discussed here and now, and to this date...done nothing to resolve.

BTW, if need be I will post the dated emails I have recieved from your company. Oddly enough once a phone conversation was established, you- eshopps once again failed to follow thru with your word of a return phone call- stating that "you were to busy". Do you consider this good customer service? Perhaps this is why you have no phone contact information. Unlike every other major vendor out there, nor have you updated your web information.

Shall I continue?

You state Kent is on a month long "vacation" and that you were aware of complaints but didn't have the time to readily respond to said complaints (from Louie). Again is this good customer relations?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011