PSK-150 replacement pump

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by keithrett, Feb 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

Just use a different pump?? WOW, i can't believe i read this.
    Below I give you a few explaination why you're totally wrong.
    #1, FYI, the size of the neck of the skimmer depend on the pump. too big will not be strong enough, too small will cause the bubbles to raise to the top.

#2, Also, the impeller play a big part in it as well of the venturi as this almost need to work together to creat fine bubbles. That's why you see some skimmer out in the market doesn't work because they use the wrong pump and their impeller and veturi doesn't work together.

#3, you can't just use any pump because all the pumps PVC fittings are all different. Not just that, the size as well. So is almost near impossible to find one pump fitting to fit another.

So NO is not possible just to use any pump with any skimmers.

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Bet me !

4. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Yeah, i'm with Tangster on this one. And I was thinking about running an Eshopps skimmer but the attitude is a little over the edge.

5. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

there's two different thought process here.
    #1, for us we like to simplify as we just want the customer get the pump, plug in to skimmer and work. they don't have to run around looking for the parts or ordering it.

#2, in your case, being handy and playing with the skimmer. Not everyone is handy. If you don't get the parts right or find the parts. that's very time consuming as this will only complicated things.

6. keithrett

keithrett Plankton

Dang a lot has happened since the last time I checked this thread. Any ways I did contact eshopps about a replacement pump and I received a response quickly. I was told the price of the pump and shipping (same as price on page one) and the paypal account to send the payment. Once I paypal'd the money I received a UPS tracking number. Currently I have the skimmer set up and working great (its pulling out some pretty nasty skimmate), I am so glad that I didn't have to make a guess and order a random pump. Thanks eshopps for the great service and help.
    Keith

7. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

glad it worked out

8. Click Here!

9. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

Price gone down? :greedy:

I need a new pump as well.

10. Nor_Cal_Guy

Nor_Cal_Guy Gigas Clam

I will have to agree with the sponsor on fitting a pump. They use a non-standard thread that is impossible to find a match, this is coming from a plumber. It might be a metric thread, I had to do some rigging to get a aftermarket pump to work which I'm not satisfied with and will be buying an eshopps direct fit unit.

I used this pump and it's just not working out:

Catalina 2200: 850GPH

[​IMG]