PSK-150 replacement pump

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by keithrett, Feb 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. keithrett

keithrett Plankton

The pump for my PSK-150 skimmer is broken and I need to order a new one quick. Where can I buy a replacement pump for my skimmer? OR What pumps will work with the PSK-150? Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

4. keithrett

keithrett Plankton

thanks for the help, I would prefer not to buy a whole new skimmer but if thats what it comes down to then, what else can I do? Is there any types of pumps that could be purchased by themselves that would work on a skimmer? Im so confused, do I have to get a special pump that makes the micro bubbles or do I just get a normal pump and add a needle wheel or something to make the bubbles?

Thanks again for your help

5. ComputerJohn

I'm not that firmilar with this skimmer, so I have no idea what model pump it is. Either on the pump or in the owners manual will state what make & model of the pump will be. Problem to things to keep in mind are:

1. The cost of the replacement pump is almost the price of buying a new setup.

2. Using the wrong pump will cause the skimmer not to work properly. If the skimmer was designed to have a certain impeller, for example your has a needle wheel impeller. Then the replacement should have one as well.

3. Getting a pump that is too big, again will cause it not to work correctly or shoot water all over the place!

6. ComputerJohn

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  7. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

you are 100% correct

8. Click Here!

9. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

yes we sell the replacement pump for the PSK-150, it's a mesh wheel which is even better. please email send payment to our paypal account at [email protected]. if you have any question, you can also email us to this address as well.

$39.95 replacement pump
    9.50 shipping charge
    $49.45 total

10. ComputerJohn

Thank You.. :)

11. ComputerJohn

And there you go.. Right from the source!! ;D

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Just use a different pump get a close up of the pump and how its mounted to the skimmer or just get a Mazzie or Beckett injector for the skimmer and put any pump you want on it