psk-100h

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by wayneleefon, Sep 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wayneleefon

wayneleefon Plankton

Is there a differance in the psk-100h like two differant generation models was wondering because some people seems to have problems then others dont?

2. Click Here!

3. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

I DONT think there is any difference in the pumps.
    some people say that there were some with a mesh mod and the new ones dont come with it. (there was mesh in the needle wheel, and now its just a needle wheel)
    but honestly, i think its the difference in tanks and chemicals and environment.

i think its also in how people tune their skimmers, and a lot of the people that have problems have never had skimmers before.

i was talking with someone locally that has been having problems. they were feeding and putting their hands in the tank and then they would notice that the skimmer foam head looked low. so they would raise it where it should be. then in the morning, it would be spilling over and making a mess. they didnt realize that the oils in their hands would kill the head foam as well as the food. plus, at night most skimmers work better with the change in PH, and there is messing. (people dont put their hands in the tank and there is no food, ect.......)
    they are very happy now that they know little things like that. (those kind of things are not mentioned in "ANY" skimmer manufacturer instructions. its just something you learn as you go!)

4. wayneleefon

wayneleefon Plankton

Thank you that makes sense

5. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

do you have one, or are you looking into getting one?

just curious.

6. wayneleefon

wayneleefon Plankton

looking into buying one I have a 125 gallon tank now and a EV-2000 skimmer now but want to down grade to a 75 gallon tank not sure if the skimmer I have would work so I thought of A hang on model like eshopps psk100h I read alot about

1 person likes this.
  7. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

just to clarify, your running a EV-2000 on a 125!! does that thing even create a head of foam? thats what i call over kill! (i have a EV400 in my garage, and its huge. i would hate to see what a 2k looks like, or what kind of pump it requires. )

8. Click Here!

9. wayneleefon

wayneleefon Plankton

I had the local fish store setup the tank they sold me that skimmer because i have alot of little fish and soft corals they claim it it does get foam lots of it

10. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

i want a picture of that!!!
    that monster claims to be 40" tall, and requires a Iwaki 100 or Mag 36
    :whip::whip: