PSK 100h needlewheel pump issues

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by saltkreep88, Jul 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltkreep88

saltkreep88 Plankton

Hi,

I received a new psk 100h from dr. fosters today and when I plug the skimmer in it is making a loud buzzing noise. The skimmer is flowing water the way it should and the pump is seated properly because I checked it. The pump is silent when I stop the air flow, the pump only makes noise when the air is entering the pump.

Is it normal for the pump to be loud when it is new? Does it quiet down as it breaks in? Thank you very much for your help, looking forward to your help with the issue.

2. Click Here!

3. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

can you try taking your needle wheel out and re-install again, see if that works.

4. kelvindodd

kelvindodd Plankton

Hey eshopps, did you guys close up shop? I'm having the same pump noise problem on my PSK-100H and emailed [email protected] and got a kickback that said that email was no longer in service.

5. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

thanks for the email

thanks for letting us know, we didn't realize about it, we will look into immediately into our mail server and see what happen. maybe you can try emailing again in the later day to see what happen, thanks.

6. kelvindodd

kelvindodd Plankton

Thanks for the quick response! Got my new impeller, completely silent and making better skimmate than before. Very happy with my skimmer, thanks for making it right Eshopps!

7. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

Glad it worked out and thanks for the patience and understanding. take care of that skimmer and it will take care of your tank for a long time. Keep in mind if is not broken, don't mess with it, keep it simple, you know.