Protein SKimmer going crazy!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by adam, Oct 25, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I just upgraded fro a sumpless 46 gallon to a drilled 75 gallon with sump. After the transfer I added a 250ml bottle of Bio Spira. I have 75 LB of Live rock but I thought it would help. I have a Aqua C Urchin Pro with Mag 5 in the sump and it is collecting all water. Is this from the Bio Spira? When should the skimmer act normal? I can't keep the skimmer plugged in due to the water. I have it off now for almost 2 days.

2. Click Here!

3. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

Skimmer is supposed to off when you add that bacteria stuff, running your skimmer will remove all of it before it havs a chance to take effect.

4. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

How long does it take for it to naturally leave the water? SHould I do a water change to help remove some of the bacteria?

5. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

Nah just leave skimmer off for about a week or till all your levels reach 0. Or at lease near zero.

6. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

My levels are at 0. They were before I added it except for Nitrate at 10. I only added it because I was adding 40 gallons of new water and thought it would help.