Promote 3reef!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Well I just did a full shift in the chair putting together the new 3reef Promote! page.

:builder2:

Links back to 3reef are critical for search engine ranks and it is something I have admittedly not focused much on. That has changed. I realize now the importance of links and I will reward those of you that link to 3reef by linking back to you and giving you a lot of karma for your efforts.

If you don't have a web site, you can still contribute by adding links to 3reef on your MySpace or FaceBook page if you have one. Everything helps.

Please take a moment to check out the page!

If you link, let me know!

Thank you.

matt

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

The downside to search enginesis the spiders and bots for them take up space on the space for users on the page. I tried for over an hour today to get on, and it kept saying server busy. At any given time, there is 70+ bots/guests on here which is good for getting the word out for 3reef, but not for members trying to access it.

Im not sure what the move is to get it to where that wont happen other then upgrading the hosting plan. Web traffic pays the bills though.

1 person likes this.
  4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oy! That's strange.. I was on all day without probs. :p

I'll get it sorted out... right now we are on a dedicated server which is not cheap. We are not even close to pushing the allotted bandwidth for it. So that must be related to something else.

Anytime you get messages like that, let me know right away so I can look into what processes are running at that time.

Regardless, promotion is necessary - yes, this site needs traffic, so I hope some of you take the time to help out here as stated on that new page. Thanks!

5. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

yeah it did'nt let me get on here twice today but it was only for a few minutes for me.

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

NICE J! 8)
    I spiked your karma.. send me the URL and I'll put it on the Friends of 3reef page. Thanks!

:-/ Arrghhh.. I'll check some server setting, maybe I can tweak something for the new traffic.

EDIT - I adjusted unix server limit and some other things - please email me if you ever see the 'server too busy' message. thanks for the heads up.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  8. Click Here!

9. clownfish

clownfish Skunk Shrimp

I have a couple of gaming websites....I could post a 3reef banner if you like.

1 person likes this.
  10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You kidding me? That would be awesome. :guitarist :pimp2:

11. reefboy23

reefboy23 Feather Duster

No worries Matt i am like Don King when it comes to the promoting thing. :)

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

hehe.. that's ok by me, just let me know if you put links up so I can link you back. :)

@clownfish - let me know too!

Thanks guys.