(problem resolved) with SWC 120 cone skimmer

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by pink4miss, May 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

and that the company i purchased from and the company that makes the product are fast to respond and want to resolve the issue. that makes you feel at ease.

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Glad to see you got it resolved. I was just about to pull a pump apart to try and replicate the problem. I didn't realize that you were running the mesh wheel. I've heard nothing but problems about the wheels. When we ship them out we don't even include them. If you run into problems again, I would try running the pinwheel impeller instead.

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

it came with the mesh wheel installed. and the white pin wheel in the box as an extra part. after talking with someone he told me how to pull the mesh wheel off and put it back on, to re-seat it. well that didnt make a difference. it still ran noisy as it sounds in the video. i than tried the white pin wheel. it still didnt run properly still very loud a different vibrating loud noise with the pin wheel. swc said they would be is sending out a new pump. new mesh or pin wheel? not sure what will be in it.

thank you mike for your help

5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

an update.....

Swc responded right away to my contacting them about the problem that was going on, with in a few minutes as a matter of fact, and had the part in the mail to me that same evening. SWC sent the replacement impeller at no cost to me, this seems to have resolved the problem, and the skimmer has been running great again for the last few weeks.