Price Increase on Aqua Lifter Dosing Pumps

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by Seano Hermano, Aug 2, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I've been considering purchasing several of these pumps to automate my top-off and dosing of supplements. Just three days ago the pump was listed at $13.77 ea. when you buy three of them with teared pricing. But currently the same pump is listed at nearly $18. Why is there such a drastic change in pricing, and over such a short period of time?

Most retailers seem to be selling this same pump within the $10 - $14 range.

Tom Aquatics Aqua-Lifter Dosing Pump

If this was a mistake, that's fine. I like shopping with MD because prices are usually within range of most stores, I appreciate the good customer service, fast shipping, and low shipping rates. But if the change reflected something real, then I may need to purchase the pumps from another store.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

marine depot has price match, its very easy to use so just find the pumps cheaper and use their price match on the page. the only problem with price match is it takes a bit longer to get your item. im guessing because it has to be checked and ok'ed

1 person likes this.
  4. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

+1 on price match, they are great about that. And good choice on pumps, those things are bulletproof! I love mine, works great as an ATO pump!

5. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Low Price Guarantee

Hey, Seano Hermano. We hope we can earn your business again. Should you find lower prices on these dosing pumps, we will gladly match the prices and refund 10% of the difference under our Low Price Guarantee to ensure you pay the lowest price online.

1 person likes this.
  6. Seano Hermano

I do not need the pumps just yet, but maybe in a month or so I will. I heard of the price match before, though I guess it did not even occur to me here. I will have to take a look at that.

Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for your help.

7. MarineDepot

Low Price Guarantee

Cool! We updated our Low Price Guarantee not too long ago to ensure we're beating competitor pricing rather than just matching it. Prices fluctuate for a variety of reasons, but we never want to lose a customer over prices. Aquarium keeping can be expensive. We understand the current economic climate is tough for a lot of hobbyists, so every dollar saved adds up. Our philosophy is basically that if we treat you well, you'll be more likely to shop with us again and tell your friends about us... and, hopefully, they'll tell their friends about us, and so on. Word of mouth is, as we all know, the most effective form of advertising! ;D

Your avatar looks great, btw. What supplement dosages will you be automating?

8. Click Here!

9. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Let me also note how awesome it is they make rebuild kits for these pumps.
    A REBUILD KIT FOR A $14-20 DOLLAR ITEM!

LOVE IT!!!

Took mine off last night and it's still sitting on my coffee table with the kit, I planned to replace it but ran out of steam and went to bed. Doing it tonight...

10. Seano Hermano

Thanks. I'm going to use Brightwell Aquatics Reef Code A/B supplements...the 2L bottles so it lasts longer.

I might as well get one or two rebuild kits to have them ready if need be.

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I tried to use the price match last night for my JBJ ATO and some stuff, but all the stuff I needed was cheapest on your site, and no 10% back for me:( JK, love MD;)

1 person likes this.
  12. MarineDepot

Thank you for shopping with us!

We love you back! :love: