Preparing Food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by omgiv, Dec 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi Guys,
    I am about to go out of town for a week and have someone coming over to take care of the tank while I am gone. I will be gone for a week. I have been feeding the tank about a 1/2 cube of food rinsed in RO water and drained. I have also been soaking it in selcon and garlic. I doubt that the person taking care of the tank (a very nice neighbor) is going to want to go through all of the trouble I do, so I was wondering if I could do as much as possible before I leave. We will be gone for an entire 7 days. Would it be okay to rinse the food and soak it and put it in the refrigerator? That way all she would have to do is add a little water and feed? Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,
    Ivy

2. Click Here!

3. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

how about preparing it and refreezing so that she just has to break off small cubes. i dunno just a thought and a BUMP

4. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know if it would be better or safe to refreeze it, but that is an idea. Thanks!!!