Powerman's 90g thread.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Powerman, May 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Thanks guys. The green brain took a turn for the worse. All sucked up. Put it in the fuge and it puffed back up. Thought it was the Coral Beauty. Decided to put it back in the DT. CB went to it but it was not big deal. Watched it for a bit, but nothing really. Left and came back to see my Blenny going to town on it. Blenny went bye bye. Trading it for a Midas. Green Brain and the Pink one are happy and extended.

I've bought several new frags of stuff. Some really awesome frags. I'm on shift, but I will get some pics up Friday. Acan, monti, favias, candy cane and some purple hammer.

My Ca/Alk has stabilized rock solid. The corals are loving the water and the new lights. They are really taking off well. I like my Pheonix now. Perhaps I would like another one more if I could compare, but I got used to the blue and my tank looks good. Like I said the corals are happy and that is all that counts.

2. Click Here!

3. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

I knew ou would like the blue after they settled in.... I absolutely love the phoenix's on my tank. I dont know how I ever enjoyed the stock coralifes.

Nice lookin tank..... I like your frogspawn. Interesting polyps on the frogspawn.

When are you gonna start throwin is some sps under those nice lights? Youll love sps. Im addicted to sps... Well of course zoa's too

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  4. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I have 3 different Monti caps and getting a frag of "Jedi Mind Trick" encrusting Monti. I know getting my Ca/Alk stable is a big deal, but I really think my corals have really responded to the new lights. I was at 6 hours and I just bumped them up to 7 hours. Everything is growing great.

5. tatted4ever

i have my halides running at a solid 10 hrs. I purchased the esv bionic auto doser to help me keep my alkalinity and calcium levels stable this past friday. I was sick of doing everything manually. Im gonna start a thread on my tank hopefully this weekend. Ive been waiting to really show it off.

6. gfunk823

gfunk823 Coral Banded Shrimp

your tank looks nice i love the rock work how much did this cost you seet up alone if you dont mind me asking

7. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I bought my setup from a co-worker for $750. It was good setup and I could have left it. Since then, I have probably put double that into it. My setup is done now. I'm just adding corals.

8. Click Here!

9. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

So here are some pics. I took a pic of my Phoenix 14ks in the same conditions to see if there is a difference. I can't really tell one. The pics are not a true representation. Much whiter. Nice color since Iam not used to the yellow anymore.

Brand new
    [​IMG]

After burn in now
    [​IMG]

My Green brain all puffy and healed after the Blenney
    [​IMG]

New frags. The bright orange Monti. The red/green Favia. You can see how much the epoxied Monti has grown in a month from above, and the large piece will get a home tomorow.
    [​IMG]

I love this one. A sick Prizim Favia. Can't wait for it to grow out. The Reds and golds are awesome and the green speaks for itself.
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow it's off to the LFS. I'm getting a Starry Blenny to replace the one I had. I'm taking some of my Pipe Organ and GSP down too to trade. No locals wanted it.

I have been cleaning Aterina stars out. Time to chuck some cheato. Run some carbon and glue some frags. The Rics need a permanent home too.

10. tatted4ever

HOLY SMOKES!!!! I just realized how close your lights are to the tank... LOL. How do you fit your arms in there?

11. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

The legs were around 3 inches. When I put up the hanging kit I had about 4. When I changed to 250ws, I moved them up ~3" to 7" above the actual water. I have plenty of room now for maintenance.

Oh ya... I see.... the first pic was before I moved then up. They are higher now.

12. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I'm so stoked. I wanted to trim down my Pipe organ. It was getting too big where it was. I decided I did not want my tank overgrown with GSP, so they had to go. Went to the LFS to get my Blenny I traded in. I traded my GSP and pipe organ and some zoos for a clam. Got my stuff moved around and settled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My clam pics didn't turn out. I'll try better ones later. My new Starry Blenny is cool but has been hiding. I'll try to get a shot later. For now the carbon is running and it a big feast of DTs, mysis, and cyclopeze for everyone tonight.