Powerman's 90g thread.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Powerman, May 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FallensReef

FallensReef Astrea Snail

2. Click Here!

3. poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Good Camera

Looking good, Those pictures are much better than my crappy camera takes. Your tank is looking real good and those are some nice additions you have made. I'm a Big Blasto fan myself only have one right now but always on the lookout, I did get my first Chalice though a Alien Eye with about 12 eyes, The seller was asking 80.00 but I got it for 50.00 along with some Tyree pieces, Pink Lemonade,Le Bali Tri Color,Sunset Monti and one frag i can't remember what it is now. Maybe i'll get Zach to do photos soon LOL
    Bill;D

4. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Thanks guys. It's just a old Powershot 95. I have not got into Chalices. I have really got into Blastos. I like the great colors and they are not as fleshy as other LPS. I have 4 and I lik every one of them.

The pastel one is a "Tropicana" and I got it form Reefkoi. I think he still has a head. He also has a "Watermellon" Chalice that he has had for a couple of years. It goes for $250 an eye and the price has never come down. Too rich for my blood.

5. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

hey power man just checkin in to c how the tank is doin, havnt seen an update on here in a while :D hope everything is still smooth sailin :D

6. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I had another thread but didn't update this one. I took my tank down and sold it shortly after those last pics were taken. Had to clear up the house and put it on the market. Trying to get the house sold so we can move up to another one while the market is still good for buyers. The tank was a considerable drain on resources.

For the first time in a long time I am obsessionless and don't quite know what to do with myself. I keep coming back here only because I have nothing else going on.... but it is getting harder to stick around with out a tank going.

7. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

yeah that would be hard... that sucks that you had to take the tank down however with my whole family being in real estate I understand that the houses come first might as well buy while its cheap :p I was actually just gettn rdy to my buy my first house :D hopefully u can start one up once ur settled back in??

8. Click Here!

9. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Maybe you could do a nano or pico till you move...it's at least something and a pico would be challenging too.
    I set up my nano for cheap, it has no sump or fuge just a HOT canister for carbon and a koralia2 some sand, rock and macro plus a few cheap softies and inexpensive fish.

Can find a small used setup or go to Petco during their dollar a gallon sale.

Would keep you in the game so to speak till you get a new place.

10. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

Do a smaller one once you get settled in I Loved your tank Myself and hope to get one it the future when i buy my onw house lol. Besides you can offer advise to everyone on here :)

11. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Thanks guys. I got the 90g which is a very good size. After doing that, I never had any desire to do a HUGE tank. Looking at really big setups looks like taking on a part time job and that is not really something I want.

So my next plans were to move up to a 185 form DSA. 60x30x24. That seemed really nice and I would call it quits. I could use a lot of the stuff I had.... but then decided to go a different route.

Going smaller is just not in my nature. I want to be able to put my resources in one tank and going smaller I think would drive me nuts.... plus not much equipment could go bigger in the future. I'm sort of a all or nothing type guy.;D

I learned a lot from the 90g and know a few local reefers. If I do it all over again I know how to save money and could take some time to put some stuff together. I really do enjoy the hobby, but it was a large expense, and it was only really enjoyed by me... so not real fair when it comes to time and resources for the family. We'll see.

Hoping to get the house sold this Spring. Very slow here over holidays. If it does not sell by Summer we will just take it off the market and wait another year. I have been getting up and out though and decided to do a half Iron Man triathlon this Summer!!! Been getting my training going. More of that all or nothing type thing. ;D