Powerheads for a 29gal

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by mario8402, Feb 28, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

Ok,
    I have a 29 gal with 1 zoomed 100-190 powersweep with the redirector that points it kinda downwards.
    I seem to have some dead spots where junk accumilates to the right bottom of it. all i have is a topfin30 filter and the powerhead.
    I was thinking of getting 2 maxijet 1200 and put them in the rear corners and face them to the middle of the front glass so they collide against each other and the glass and hopefully cause a swirling effect ( OO ) if that makes sense. I will be recieving a coralife digital power center/wavemaker today which has 4 outlets that 2 of them alternate every 15 minutes. 4 powerheads sounds like alot in that small tank no? If anyone has a 29gal and woud like to share some insight on how you get your water moving that would be appreciated. would a maxijet 1200 cause too much current? No pics since I am at work ::)

2. Click Here!

3. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

I have a 20gal with a tunze nanostream rated at 660GPH plus the return from my sump at around 300GPH. So my tank gets plenty of flow. Your plan is a good one. You always want a good turnover of at least 20x IMO, and no dead spots. Maxijets are good powerheads also that do well on a timer like you want to setup. You're gonna want to place your PH depending on your aquascaping so you get good flow everywhere, you may have to move corals around that dont like to much flow or need more but thats just part of the game ;).

Marc.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I'm with Marc. Your plan is a good one. Should be nice in a 29.