Powerhead with cords outside of tank?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Lbannie, Jan 31, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lbannie

Lbannie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Is this a real option? I've never found one. I'm currently using eBay knock off koralias in my 40B, but for my future upgrade I would love to not see the cords! I would love to be able to hide the powerheads so they are not such an eyesore! Is this a real possibility? Cost?

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

ya there are some like vortek mp10 etc.. but the price is crazy

4. Lbannie

Lbannie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Wow they are expensive! Nobody else makes this?

5. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Vortechs are the only ones but they are very expensive.
    VorTech ™ MP10 | EcoTech Marine

There are DC powered pumps that you can vary the speed and wave patterns with that are internal but are very safe due to the DC power and are very small called Jebao and are available here for much much less $$:
    Wave Maker

6. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

The link you provided does that include the powerhead and the wavemaker for the Jebao system. If so that price is much more reasonable. I will be looking into this for my 220.

7. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Yes the Jebao's come with controllers standard. The adjustability is great with like 11 different settings or modes and speed ranges. I originally tried a WP-40 in my 5 foot 100G reef and found it was too much so dropped back to two WP-25's which fit nicely and work great. They now offer both smaller and larger versions too and a new adjustable DC power supply so you can get even more speed out of them like what they have wasn't enough to begin with. With the new optional controller you can synch two pumps together for some really chaotic action and its cheap, I may have to try one myself.