Power sweep 226 worth it ?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by yellowviper, Jan 18, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yellowviper

yellowviper Astrea Snail

i need a punp to create current in my 55 gallon reef up till two days ago it has been fine then my old penguin ate a blue tang and a mandarin goby needless to say i ripped it out of the tank and am looking for a replacement i kinda want one that moves like the power sweep , anyone use them ?

2. Click Here!

3. reef_novice

reef_novice Astrea Snail

I am using 2 Power sweep in my 65gl. and it's working very well... But I need to clean them every month to keep them sweeping....

Yves

4. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

I am currently using 3 power sweeps 228 in my tank . Since tank has been set up i havent realy done much cleaning of them and they are working fine. I dont realy have a problem with the sweeping motion stopping like other people. Thank God. I think they are great with water movement

5. reef_novice

reef_novice Astrea Snail

You never clean your 3 power head... This is very nice.... How did you install yours...??

6. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

As of right now i have one on each side of the front glass at the top, and one in the middle back glass at the top. I revoved the pre-filter on them also . I noticed more water movement from the outlet. The positions of the power heads are only temp. for now.

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

8. Click Here!

9. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

They look like nice pumps . I am going to do some more research on them. I may consider buying one to see how good they work.

10. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

I just ordered a Seo 620 pump from Marine Depot, I'll post a note if they are any good or not. They are supposed to pump 620GPH at 8watts. They do not have a power sweep but the nozzles are directional