Power Station/ATO/ATS Cabinet

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by insanespain, Oct 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this on my tank build thread or just do a new thread. I figured I would dedicate a build thread just for this. I've been completely out of room under my stand from the beginning and I finally got tired of having no room to expand or even hide the stuff I already had. So I decided to build an all-in-one cabinet to house all of my equipment.

It isn't completed yet, but here are some pictures to give you an idea of what I'm doing. The first picture is when I had a ROUGH prototype to get an idea of what size I actually wanted to build the cabinet. It shows where the cabinet will be located next to the tank.

[​IMG]

Since that picture I made some modifications and got a final layout on the inside for all of my equipment. The rest of the pictures are what I got done this evening. It will get skinned with pine planking like the stand I built for my tank, and also have 1x4 trim around the top and bottom so it will match the tank stand exactly. I will paint the inside and outside black, so this will look exactly like my tank stand and blend in nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back of the cabinet

[​IMG]

ATS lit up

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Hey, nice DIY, insanspain. The cabinet looks great.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice. I have been doing something similar with a media-cabinet but you are doing it from scratch. Kudos for that!

5. insanespain

Thanks Seano, I hope it turns out like I envision it lol.

Yeah Matt, I thought about that at first. I searched Target, Walmart, etc. looking for one that would fit the bill and I could modify, but I just couldnt come across one that had the dimensions I wanted. It would've been alot easier!

6. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

WOWWWW!!!

SOMEONE is HANDY!!!

Very nice - really like the swithched outlets you have mounted in there. Is that by chance from that DJ equipment website? And it was about $60 or so?

7. insanespain

I bought it off amazon for 30 bucks. Search for dj switch panel

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

8. Click Here!

9. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

looks good dude. the only thing is..lol.. i wish the stand was only as high as the tank stand. im wondering if its going to look weird being as tall as the tank. maybe it just stands out right now cuz its not black. looking forward to seeing it all finished up.

10. insanespain

That's how I originally was going to do it, but there wasn't going to be enough room for everything. I saw a picture of another guys tank with a cabinet the same height as the tank and it looked good. I think when I finish it and get it painted black and get my light hung it will look sweet. My stand is super low at 26 inches tall, so its very limiting.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

11. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

great job! I am also looking for some type of cabinet to put my 10g reservoir in and "fish stuff". I always though that a company should be making these add ons but never found anything that worked so far.

12. insanespain

Been kind of slower progress than I wanted on this. But should be able to finish it up this week. Got the tongue and groove planking on the sides. Also picked up the hardware I need for the door latch. More tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]