Power outage imminent! Please advise!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryland, Jan 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Sending friend request now dude! LMFAO

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

I have a forced air gas furnace. However, the problem is when the power goes out the furnace will not have a blower to spread the heat out.

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

do you have a gas oven/stove?could be used to heat jugs of water to float in the tank for warmth and it'll add a little heat to the house as well,just don't use it as a source of heat for the house without cracking open a window.

5. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

AWSOME idea. Yes I have a gas oven and stove. They are seperate. Cracking a window I assume will keep my carbon dioxide levels down.

6. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

carbon monoxide,and yes,let some fresh air in to help keep the place ventalated well,and read up on warning signs of cm posioning,head aches,tiredness,etc. play it safe as a heat source and this is only something i woould advise in an emergency,and buddy,i think you got one.

7. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Sorry to here about this. I agree with the above posts, all very good advice. NW, Ohio is supposed to get pretty hard here with snow & ice, as well...not as bad as you though. Good luck, buddy.

8. Click Here!

9. Daniel521

Daniel521 Flamingo Tongue

Any updates? I sincerely hope the lack of updates is not due to the Internet/power going out. Hope everyone makes it

10. mdlinkous

mdlinkous Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

My aquarium justified the purchase of a generator large enough to power lights in each room, my fridge, and of course my aquarium. I have it hard wired where all I do if hook up and flip a switch.

Havent had to use it for days on end... but have used it several times for 4-6 hours at a time. One time was even about 12 hours.

11. libog2fish

libog2fish Fire Shrimp

update on current temp???

12. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Still got power! But the storm is just starting to ramp up. Have had 3 short term power outages though. Crossing my fingers it will hang in there. 11 inches on the ground now and its snowing so hard my snow shovel is cowering in the corner! I told it to buck up!