Power Backup on standby...

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by omard, Dec 3, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Know you all that are out in Midwest and East are getting clobbered by bad weather also.

While we in PNW are known for wet weather, this is outrageous....:eek:

7+ inches of rain in last 12 hours, here in Silverdale/Bremerton Wa. --- was on top of better then a foot of snow that fell earlier. Rain still going strong and expected to do so for another day.

High winds expected this afternoon.

Flooding/mud slides everywhere.

Just ugly.

Tested out generator this AM - Gas cans full. Powerstrips and elect cords neatly stacked nearby.

Expect power to fail any moment - usually does with much less then this. (lots of heavy rain, wind, overhead wires and trees don't mix well). - Power crews do not go out in high wind conditions. :-/

Expect you Vancouver, BC folks getting also.

Am not going to wander far from home today.

As prepared as I can be.

:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. Winston

Winston Plankton

Hi from the west coast. Yes - I'm thinking about power backups, but so far haven't got anything. There are battery operated systems to be had at loca; stores, but they last for only a short time and are quite expensive to buy. It sounds as if you have a gas powered generator. Great. I wonder if you bought it somewhere - is it costly?

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

We lost power last night for about 3 hours, horrible wind storm. There is spose to be high winds across the country.

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Got mine (gas powered Craftsman, 3600, 7HP) on sale at Home Depot/Sears :confused: - don't remember now = has been a number of years now. Was ~$200 - Have seen cheaper at AutoZone.

Lights starting to flicker now...usually means will be in dark soon. :-/

Best buy for a generator I know of, or a power backup here on West Coast (or elsewhere for that matter) is: HarborFreight

Usually free shipping - no tax...

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Wrong...not Autozone, but Schucks

Sorry