POWDER BROWN TANG PROBLEM

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by JOER0178, Mar 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JOER0178

JOER0178 Peppermint Shrimp

I HAVE A POWDER BROWN TANG HE LOOKS GOOD EXCEPT HE HAS THESE WHITE DOTS ON HIS BODY.  IVE LOOKED ON THE INTERNET ABOUT MARINE ICH AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THE PICTURE ATTACHED.  IT JUST LOOKS LIKE VERY LITTLE WHITE DOTS (PERFECT CIRCLES) THAT ALMOST LOOK LIKE ITS PART OF THE FISHES COLORING.  THE FISH IS ALSO NEW TO THE TANK.  IT THIS EARLY MARINE ICH. IM SAD TO SAY I DONT HAVE A QUARANTINE TANK.   ANY IDEAS FOR TREATMENT??? :( :( :(

2. Click Here!

3. JOER0178

IN ADDITION IVE SEEN THE FISH RUB UP AGAINST THE ROCK ONCE OR TWICE BUT NOT OFTEN.  ALSO, I HAVE 2 SKUNK CLEANER SHRIMP AND 1 FIRE SHRIMP AND THEY HAVEN'T TRIED TO EAT ANYTHING OFF THE TANG AS OF YET. SINCE THE TANG SEEMS OK IF IT IS ICH AND IT FALLS OFF IN A COUPLE OF DAYS DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY MEDICATION THAT IS BOTH EFFECTIVE AND REEF SAFE THAT I CAN ADD TO MY MAIN TANK

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Powder Brown or White Faces Surgeon Fish do get White spots that are not always ICK. I have lived through trying to figure out how to cure ICK in a reef tank not fun. Only to have My Powered Brown clear up all on its own.
    Mine used to get white spots every other week. I would monitor the situation and usually it would clear on its own.
    I have, during a tank leak, treated all my fish with copper. I have also added a Cleaner Wrasse and add Garlic to all foods. I haven't have the White Dot problem since.
    Do any other Fish have White Dots?

J

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

uh oh....!!!

Sure looks what I think ICH would look like...am "freaking out" in sympathy. :eek:

Somebody please help out JOER0178!!!

I want to know also...

OmarD :huh:

6. JOER0178

NO OTHER FISH HAVE IT. OMARD THE PICTURE I POSTED ISNT MY FISH ITS A INTERNET PICTURE, MY FISH THANK GOD, DOESNT LOOK LIKE THAT

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I would just monitor it.
    He is eating, Breathing, Swimming normally?

Tangs esspesecially Power Browns with develope Spots that are not ICK

8. Click Here!

9. JOER0178

HE IS BREATHING A LITTLE HEAVY, AND I HAVENT SEEN HIM EAT BUT I JUST GOT HIM LAST NIGHT SO HES NEW, HIS SWIMMING IS NORMAL BACK AND FORTH BACK AND FORTH

10. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Your cleaner shrimp ar your best insurance policy in my opinion! Do as Jason says and just monitor. Probably nothing more than the stress of a new environment. My tangs, sailfin and kole, and tank are ich free with no medications or treatments, two years in May!

11. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Alright, here's my opinion. If the fish has been rubbing his body up against the rocks, this to me sounds like ich.

Getting right to the point. I used Greenex to eliminate any chance of ich getting to my Maroon Yellow stripe, when I added him.

It claims to be invert and reef safe. Now when you add it your water turns really REALLY [glow=blue,2,300]blue[/glow]. It's ok. It filters right out in minutes.

My shroom kinda shriveled up for the rest of the day. Then it let go of the rock and reattached itself somewhere else, leaving behind a baby shroom (now larger than a quarter). This is all I know. I didn't have any other coral in my tank at the time. However my inverts where just fine.

Just recently, the day before yesterday, a Blue tang had ich in one of the tanks in the office. Added Greenex cleaned it right out.

12. JOER0178

I THINK ILL TRY THAT IF IT ISNT GONE BY TONIGHT. THE GreeneX DIDNT HURT YOUR CRABS AND SNAILS. THE COLOR OF THE FISH IS A NICE BROWN EXCEPT FOR THE 4-5 SPOTS