Powder Blue Tang, ich?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by nc208082, Sep 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Hi all i recently purchased a pbt from the lfs, i brought it home and kept it in the qurantine tank for about 3 weeks. There was no signs of anything so i acclimated it added it to the main tank. I was running the big tank at around 80-81 degrees and recently lowered it to 79. after about a day of the new temperature i noticed the pbt had a white spot on it. looking at it today it has many white spots. but no other signs of ich, it is not scratching, nor gasping and swimming very strongly and eating like theres nothing wrong. is this ich(alo ive heard the pbt attracts ich like no tomorrow but can usually fight it off). Should i be worried about the rest of my fish or does anyone think this may be normal. I raised the temperature back up to 80 tonight. also
    little info

45 gallon tank, with 45 pounds live rock, tank is 4 and a half months old.
    nitrites - 0
    nitrates - 20-30 ppm
    ammonia - free and total - 0
    ph - 8.1
    alkalinity - 5.5
    calcium is 420 ppm

2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Your alk is kinda low. keep feeding it and add some garlic and vitamic c to its diet and he should fight it off.

4. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

IMO, that tank is WAY too small and new for a powder blue tang, also the nitrates too high for such a sensitive fish. what other fish do you have in there with him?

~Will.

5. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

yellow tang, a clown, and two damsels, I am new to saltwater and when i was picking out fish at the local fish store they never told me the tank was too new for either of the tangs nor did they tell me about the size of tank they should have. I am upgrading to a 120 gallon soon

6. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

how do i add vitamin c? when i was at the fish store they had no product?

7. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Ask them if its in stock or order it for you.

Its not Droid, it's me fishies.