Resolved Powder Blue Tang getting bullied

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by gabbagabbawill, Oct 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

I do have a sump, but I don't see any way to catch the angel... at least not without a big overhaul of the tank...

I hate moving rocks... once I get used to where they are, it just looks so weird to see them moved!! Alas, I moved a few rocks and the angel seems kind of annoyed by it... it's not bothering the tang for now...

we shall see how long this lasts... Thanks for motivating me to do it... I was hoping to avoid it, but now I'm glad I did.

it's weird to see such a big fish lumbering around running into glass and acting disoriented... I just hope my tang is ok. :sick3:

2. Click Here!

3. gabbagabbawill

It's been picking algae off of the powerheads... I was thinking of rubberbanding it to there... but I rubber-banded some onto my mag float for that reason... It keeps looking at it, but hasn't taken a bite yet.

4. gabbagabbawill

[​IMG]

Here they are. The tang in his nori corner.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

very nice color of your coraline there!

1 person likes this.
  6. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

Yeah that would be a pain. I hope moving around the rock work works for you.

1 person likes this.
  7. gabbagabbawill

well, I moved some more rocks... I hate aquascaping. I moved some of the corals around a bit... I like their new spots, but I'm feeling that the tank looks a little bare with the new placement...

I managed to freak the angel out enough to keep away from the tang for most of the night... it did go after it once or twice, but not nearly as bad as before.

I think I saw the tang nibble some nori. hopefully things are working out. I think as long as the tang settles, all will be good. gonna give it another day with the lights out. I won't be able to take the stress of being away from home all day thinking about the angel terrorizing the tang if the lights are on.

we'll see what they do when I get home from work tomorrow. thanks for the suggestions.

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

You know... I have a hippo tang and a coral beauty, but I've never had a problem with them. The hippo was a baby when added to the tank, then came the CB and now the only way they move around the tank is together. They became friends and it's really cool to watch... I think they're in love :love:

My tang will readily take dry seaweed, brine shrimp or mysis and he's a pig when it comes to food... they both are.
    I hope they start to get along. I don't see how that way smaller angel can stress the tang... he'll put the angel in his place at some point.

Keep us updated.

1 person likes this.
  10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Just read this and wanted to let you know that my dwarf angel was a DEVIL to my tang when I added it, and my angel was only in the tank for like a month!! I think it's common for them to not get along well. Things cooled down after a week or so. They aren't best friends by any means now, but they at least tolerate each other.

I hope things settle down for you. Good luck!!

1 person likes this.
  11. gabbagabbawill

Thanks everybody so far... I'm anxious to get home and check on the tang...

I'm going to pick up some gracilaria on the way home to see if it will eat it...

This morning the tang looked like it's adjusting well to the new home.

One really funny thing that's been going on is the cleaner shrimp wants to clean him SOOO BAAAAD... So far, the tang hasn't been interested... I think he will visit the shrimp in due time, though.

Will post an update when I get home this evening.

12. gabbagabbawill

Well, things are looking up! The tang immediately took to eating the Gracilaria. It seemed to inspire it to nibble a little on the nori too.

The lights have been on for a couple of hours, and no major chasing is taking place... the Angel seems both curious and agitated but is keeping his distance.