Powder Blue has white spots GRRR

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by jdameli1, Feb 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

Well after well over 2 month in qt I drip aclimated my powder blue for a 3 hours yesterday and put him in his final home. and today he popped up with white spots...GRRRRR

Need some suggestions he is not showing any signs of stress and eating like a pig. Should I leave him alone Tank has well over 250lbs of rock and I think catching him might be way to stressful for him and me

What are your suggestions? he is already getting a diet rich in garlic and selcon

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

i'd leave him...the stress of catching him would probably be certain doom...those fish get ich if you look at them the wrong way.. hopefully its just discoloration and not crypto...crossin my fingers for ya!

1 person likes this.
  4. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

Yep, keep him eating well... if he feeds well, chances are he'll get past it.

5. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

Any suggestions to add to his diet> he has nori with garlic, formula 1 and 2 frozen and flakes

6. TMWTim

TMWTim Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Exactly.

If he even sees you holding the net is enough to stress them out.

7. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

His diet is fine, just let him be. As long as he's eating Alot and has plenty of room to swim around and hide he should be fine. I've been through 4 tangs and they have all had ick at some point(even after the QT, and even after not having fish in my DT for 7-8 weeks)

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

That makes me feel better! He is eating non stop no matter what goes in the tank and grazing like crazy on the algae that is in the tank. What a butt head though getting it after 2 months in qt!

Tangs cant live with them cant live without them....

1 person likes this.
  10. cbs3315

cbs3315 Ritteri Anemone

i agree just keep him eating. if you end up having to get him out take your net and set it on top of your rocks for about 10 to 15 minutes to let him get used to it then take some food and put it in your net and hold it there and he will swim in it to get the food. this works i have done this a couple of times. i have tried to catch them before i found out about this method and caused a lot of damage and stress on my fish. the last time i had to get a lemonpeel out of my tank my pb swam in the net almost as soon as i put it in the tank. so this method does work. good luck.

11. smoyer

smoyer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

just feed him well he should be fine.

12. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

if hes been in QT for that long and then gets ick then catching him and trying to cure it seems like beating a dead horse IMO is he is eating and showes no other bad signs let him be.