Possible R.T.N.

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by coldshot, Apr 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I got a nice bunch of green Digitata's and a huge bush of orange digitata's. They both have white on some of the tip's from possible fragging but on the green two of the tip's seem to be shedding or have some white flaky stuff falling off of them. I can not get pictures as I gave my camera away to a single chick with kid's so she has more need of it than me (until now) does any one have any pictures of a digi with RTN or can give me a good verbal description of it and what to look for. Since putting them in the tank my plate started losing color around the edges and has large white spot's on the under side of it. I have removed the plate since it was the worst of it and the digi's are now in a seperate tank so they won't wipe out my other L.P.S. and S.P.S. thnx for your time.
    Danny

2. Click Here!

3. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Can't really help ya..but good to see you back man!

4. coldshot

Thnx Bro I have been in and out of hospital with half a heart and a metal spine but I am only 50 and still in my prime so with Christ helpin me I will still be kickin it for a while

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

hey! havent see you in a long time...
    but the RTN will be very noticeable, the skin will literally be falling off and you will see a distinct line between the skin and bone. If it is due to the stress of being added to a new tank then it 'usually' stops and is soon regrown.

I have no clue what could be shedding off of the tips though :-/

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

RTN usually occurs very quickly, sometimes hours other times a day or two. You will see the flesh of the coral fall off or disintegrate leaving only a white, dead skeleton.

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

but white on tips or on edges of plates also indicates growth...

8. Click Here!

9. coldshot

The plate is now gone. Would white tip's on the end of the digi branches also indicate growth?.

10. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

yeah, anything on the tips or sides that is white will mean growth. if yo look closely you can see some verrry tiny polyps that havent developed color yet