Positive Reviews?

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by macon77, Feb 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hasek1639

hasek1639 Fire Shrimp

I have an eshopps hob skimmer and love it. I pulls a ton of garbage from the water and for the price you really can't beat it.

2. Click Here!

3. chupa13

chupa13 Plankton

I deleted an earlier post I made that might not have come across as being very positive about Eshopps customer service. I wanted to tell you that I have since been contacted by Eshopps and they sent me a replacement impellar that seems to have done the trick. While I was annoyed at 1st by the apparent indifference being displayed by Eshopps, in retrospect maybe I should have shown a little more patience.

4. arentspowell

arentspowell Skunk Shrimp

I have the PSK-100. It doesnt make to much noise in my sump, and pulls out a lot of crap. My SPS look better all around. I would definitely recommend getting one.

5. boostednlinefor

boostednlinefor Fire Worm

I just got the PSK-75 and it's too early to have an accurate review on it. In the first week the pump was making loud noises but has since quieted down significantly. There was a TON of noise that comes out of the air hose. I ended up sticking an air stone on it and it completely got rid of the constant gurgling/slurping. I'm still waiting for it to break in before really tinkering with the water height adjustment. Pulling the collection cup off can be kind of difficult sometimes.. it really likes to stick in there and there isn't an easy way to get it out without the whole unit banging around in my sump.

Our tank is also near our living room and is now picky-fiancé approved. So far I'm happy with my purchase and would get it again if I had the choice.

6. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

thanks for your purchase. give it a week for your skimmer to break in. after that you will see it start skimming.

7. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

opinions?

Forums are entirely opinion biased/based from the onset- hopefully on user experince. So too are magazines like consumer reports and the like- a good thing IMHO.

End user opinions/experience are the key to this hobbie's sucess or failure more often then not.

I have finally made a post out of frustration with eshopps, and this is why I am posting here now. I am not angry, just very, very disapointed. I chose eshopps because of this websites general opinion of their products. It seems I made a mistake in doing such.

Read my post and see if you think then that opinions are a bad thing- and mind you I was very nice in my posting.

I am not bashing anyone, I simply want what I paid for- as already admitted by eshopps, their cheap pumps are the issue, throwing crappy replacement parts that also fail at crappy pumps will not fix the issue- period!

What ever happend to quality control?