Resolved poor poor fellow! petco rescue act2

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by reefnJeff, Jun 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

For 2 months I tried to bargain with this mess, the rock came in with a colony of Yellow Polyp and that's what it was being sold as for $38. week after week as the yellow polyp colony started to disappear, I would make my offer on what was remaining, long after the yellow polyp colony disappeared, the mean old manager would not deal and still tried to sell as yellow polyp coral, this is what's left, some type of button polyp coral, I think I seen a yellow survivor or 2, hahaha, today I talked to the same manager that gave me the great deal on petco rescue act1 and she told me $10. DEAL! I think I will get something on it, time and good care will tell exactly what.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. reefnJeff

The nosy Peppermint Shrimp there wasted no time cleaning junk off that rock, after less than an hour 2 polyps are showing signs of life, hopefully this turns out well and later maybe get an id on the animals on there.

4. reefnJeff

day 1 no improvement, i'll give it more time.

5. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

I hope that all goes well :)

6. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Good luck, hope it works out. Too bad the manager didn't have any foresight and sell it sooner...

7. consumedcorals

consumedcorals Astrea Snail

It is a shame that petco would rather loose livestock than make a sale. Very sad place to shop for fish and marinelife!

8. Click Here!

9. reefnJeff

Yea! the manager does not know what she is doing, the rock was completely covered with Yellow Polyp when I first seen it, they now have a 2 week old Bubble Coral going down hill fast.
    In that pic, the big polyp and the 1 right behind it opened up about half way and that's the only improvement so far.

Attached Files:

10. reefnJeff

Doctor Jeff checked in on his patients this morning and I was happy with what I seen, keep it going boys :D

Attached Files:

11. reefnJeff

ohhh looky! in that pic in the lower right corner, there is a small piece of some blue encrusting leatherstuff and that little blurry white spot is a tiny polyp that just popped out, my first thought was GSP, but the leather is blue and not purple like with the GSP.
    That means there is going to be 3 different Corals on the small rock. oohh boy!

12. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Very cool 8) Again, I hope everything recovers! And congrats on the extras :)