Unresolved Pond snail infestation!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by SwimsWithFish, Nov 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

This is a freshwater problem so idk if it's ok here. Anyways for the past couple of weeks I've been battling pest snails by manually removing them but it's to the point were there's to many. Is there a fish or product that will eliminate them? Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

as far as freshwater im not sure of a snail predator but i do know puffers and triggers eat snails and im sure there are some kind of freshwater fish who will as well...maybe fresh water puffer or large crayfish/freshwater lobster?

4. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Figure 8 puffers love snails and can be kept in FW if acclimated correctly. Or you could treat your tank with a Copper medication. That is if you have no other inverts in the tank. Copper will kill all inverts!

5. SwimsWithFish

Here's some more info on the tank...

10g and has alot of inverts.

6. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Well scratch the copper treatment then. Skunk Botias will eat snails as will the Clown Loach. I'd go with the skunk Botias. They did a great job on my rams horn issues :)

7. SwimsWithFish

Thanks!:) another great reason to take a stroll to the lfs tomorrow, oh well!:D